How to Build a Perfectly Optimized Page?
In an SEO world, everybody is looking for one goal, which is to get ranked top in search engines. However, there is no such perfect answer to this. But at least you have these sets of strategies to help you out to stay on top in search engines ranking. SEO is about integrating websites by various processes which would finally give you the result that you wanted. I will share you some top recommendation for best On-Page SEO practice. These recommendations are made by analysts and experts who have gained lots of experiences on optimizing On-page and have gained successful results. You should be trying these steps, testing them and refine often to see good results.
HTML Head Tags ( H1…H2…H3…Hx)
- Title: This spot is a hotspot for keywords. The page title should be engulfed with keywords but hold on because too much sugar will make it bitter ¸Instead of using many keywords, use few but like phrases.
How important are Meta Tags?
Meta Description may be not very useful but they still have important place to target terms and phrases in the visual snippet of search results. It has been seen that Meta descriptions boost up CTR ( Click Through Rate) and then increase the traffic.
- Meta Keywords – Although Google doesn’t use it, but Yahoo use Meta Keywords. However, the use of Meta Keywords doesn’t bring any boost in ranking.
- Meta Robots – Used for disallowing search bots to crawl webpages.
- Rel=”Canonical” – Sometimes you may across problems like duplicate contents on a website so we suggest applying canonical URL tag to prevent this issue.
- · Other Meta Tags – They don’t provide any useful benefits for ranking so not using it don’t matter.
- Length – If you have shorter URL then it performs better in search engines and also shared and linked by other websites.
- Keyword Location – yourdomain.com/keyword is much better than yourdomain.com/folder/subfolder/keyword. It is recommended you use URL like this because it can help in ranking, not massively, but it does help a bit.
- Word Separators – URL like yourdomain.com is much better than your-domain.com but if you have subpages then you should put word separator.
Number of Keyword Repetitions – While it is not possible to say the exact or optimal number of times to add keyword term or phrase on your webpage but lately it has been said that “2-3X on short pages, 4-6X on longer ones and never more than makes sense in the context of the copy.”
- Keyword Density – It is true that more keyword terms you have in the content the more they will help to get ranked well, but they are not totally dependable for relevancy.
- Keyword Usage Variations – Content optimization by using keywords variation helps but you should not exceed the limit. At least keep two or three variation of keyword terms and use them in body helps.
- H1 Headline – H1 tags plays an important role in ranking but recent studies shows that they have only little benefits. Some studies showed this compelling evidence and actually H1 is not causing any dramatic effects in ranking. However, you should use your keyword in H1 tag.
- H2/H3/H4/Hx – As H1 being less importance, all the tags below it seems to put less benefits for ranking.
- Alt Tags– Alt tags was thought to have less importance for ranking before now we know that ALT tags really help in ranking strategies.
- Image Filename – Putting image names help on showing images in search engines so you should put real name. Use the exact name of the image.
- Bold/Strong – Using keyword terms in bold seem to have very less SEO weight. Although you should bold one or two keyword term, it has very minor affect on ranking.
- Italtic/Emphasized – Amazingly, the studies showed that Italic keyword terms seem to have better affect on ranking than bold ones. So you should at least use Italic keywords rather than just bold ones.
- Internal Link Anchors – There has not been any reports claiming that the internal link anchors do any better for ranking.
- HTML Comments – Search engines simply doesn’t give any importance for HTML comments.
Internal Links & Location in Site Architecture
- Click-Depth – If the keyword that you are targeting is highly competitive, we recommend using less internal link architecture on your webpage. This means, you should have less links from homepage going to that URL.
- Links in Content and. Permanent Navigation – Putting links to pages in the Wiki site style would be beneficial thank permanent navigation style. However, Google only takes first link as the real link. If you have two or more links to same page, it won’t work.
- Location of Links in Sidebars & Footers – Recent Studies shows that links in footer or sidebar has been discounted by Google. So if you put your internal links to top, it would be good for SEO purposes.
Best Practices to Get Ranked at number 1
Every step is important, whether it is small step or large, in optimization of websites. On-Page optimization may not be very fruitful for ranking a website but it is still necessary factor that has some virtues of optimization. Following are the core factors of getting the first position.
- Accessibility of website – content engines can’t see or access cannot even be indexed; thus crawl-ability is foremost on this list.
- Quality Content – Content is the king and it needs to be quality. It should attract visitor interests and also it should be informative as well. If the content is well written with good information then it will be shared by visitors at other websites giving you more link conversion rate.
- Basic On-Page Optimization – Keywords should be placed in important elements like Titles, URLs, and internal links which helps in ranking process.
- User Experience on website – It is likely to acknowledge that if visitors experience positive by going through your website, your website will have good conversion rate.
- Marketing Techiques – It is true that good content is very important aspect but you shouldn’t overlook marketing strategies because down to the business line, it is all about selling. No matter how good your content is, if you lack good marketing, there is no luck for that website.
- Advanced/Thorough On-Page Optimization – Applying On-Page optimization is necessary but it doesn’t put as valuable as other techniques for ranking, however, On-Page optimization is still required for the whole optimization saga.
Share this article in social media and help the community
Latest posts by Navid (see all)
- Sending Bulk Emails in appropriate ways. - Apr 27, 2014
- Aspect of SEO Hosting Affiliate Program to Expand Online Business - Apr 4, 2014
- What is SEO Hosting? - Dec 17, 2013