Securing your information resource consists of three things:
- program part (content management system and related scripts);
- the server-side (the right hosting settings);
- ability to work as a network administrator and site hosting.
If you have all three names above points are organized at the appropriate level, then your site will be secure from hackers and various viruses.
Security software part
So I recommend you to turn your attention to information security of your site in the software part.
Security hosting or virtual server
Another highlight will be the selection of web hosting where your site will be placed. Very pay heed to the hosting company as well as to the person who will administer your site. Because there were times when fired site administrators, and some time later hacked into the site.
Information security awareness on the site admins
All administrators should be required to undergo specialized training in information security.
I give you a list of what is required for the administrator:
- Install an anti-virus on the computer from which the work is conducted with the site.
- Regular change of passwords (once a month) on the ftp / ssh and the administrative part of the site.
- Do not store passwords on your computer, it is desirable to get an electronic key.
- To work via SFTP or SCP security protocol.
- Always use Proxy Server while you work on anonymous sites.
Be Secure and let your sites are always safe.